You bring a dog home with lots of expectations and you do want those to come true as far as training is concerned. But for that to be realized, you should know everything about dog training, from the basic to the best ways to train your dog. There is no need to panic as it is not that difficult, you just need to invest a little of your time and energy to it. Below, I have managed to explain some of the best ways to train your dog and get results.
1. Make it a rule to make the dog follow you and never get ahead of you under any circumstances. But this rule holds true only when you are going out of the house. Inside the house he can do whatever he wants to but for outdoors he should know and be clear about who is boss!
2. One basic training that your puppies should be given is the fact that they are not going to be fed before you are nor along with you. You would have to make them patient enough to wait for their food as otherwise they are going to start thinking of you as their friend! Then also varies the timings at which you give him his food so that he does not expect anything of you.
3. You should train him to feel comfortable staying both inside and outside. He should respect the concessions of the inside of the house and should feel himself to be lucky if he ever gets a chance to go in.
4. When you have to correct the dog on something that he has done you should try to adopt a low but firm tone. Keep your facial expressions firm but anger should not be placed in anyway otherwise the dog will get scared of you. Just adopted an authoritative approach.
5. Do not ever repeat yourself while you are ordering your dog to do something. He might get used to it and expect you to repeat every time he listens to you.
6. At one time a training session should not be more than fifteen minutes for maybe a couple of hours in a day. More than this and the dog will probably get tired of these sessions and might become more rigid and start losing his concentration.
7. Now when the dogs are trained in abiding by the basic commands you can start with the more difficult ones which will take more time and energy.
How you want to continue with your dog training is totally up to you. There are a lot of good training centers open now and you can enroll your dog in any one of them as well. His socializing skills get polished this way and the motivation to learn more increments dramatically due to an increase in competition. A professional can train him in even those things which you might forget due to his vast experience. Well if you are one of those people who really do not want to go through the trouble of enrolling the dogs in a training center then all you have to do is to follow the tips that I have mentioned above which happened to be some of the best ways to train your dog!